I was thrilled when I discovered black and white sesame seeds at the grocery store. I mean, how fun is that?! It’s funny because even though I love devouring any food, prettier food seems like it tastes 100x better. If you’re looking for a vegan dish, this is it. My newfound love for roasting cauliflower knows no bounds and this teriyaki style roasted cauliflower dish is delicious. Serve it with rice for a perfect vegan dinner for two (or one depending on how hungry you are).
Vegan teriyaki style roasted cauliflower
- 1 T sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 c soy sauce or tamari (gluten free)
- 1/2 c water
- 2/3 c brown sugar
- 1 T grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 T cornstarch
- 3 T water
- 1 cauliflower head, roasted
- Black and white sesame seeds
- Cut cauliflower into chunks and roast on 425F for about 30-40 minutes. Cauliflower should be toasted and golden.
- In a saucepan on med-low heat, heat sesame oil until hot.
- Add in garlic cloves and sauté until aromatic.
- Add soy sauce, water, brown sugar, and ginger. Simmer on low for about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with the 3 T of water. Add in to saucepan and stir. Simmer for another 3 minutes until thickened.
- Add in cauliflower chunks and mix well.
- Top with sesame seeds.