Oddly enough I think developing salads really brings out the creativity in me. I love trying to figure out the best ingredients to make a salad unique and delicious. This roasted cauliflower salad recipe is out of this world IMO. First of all, I didn’t realize just how delicious roasted cauliflower could be. When you combine it with outstanding flavors like kale, roasted carrots and edamame, you’ve got a fantastic salad that isn’t just healthy but it’s also hearty and filling.
By the way, if you guys haven’t tried edamame yet, please go out and grab a bag. It is the best. I know some people aren’t fans but it is light in calories and makes an amazing snack. You can add it to pretty much anything. In this case, it makes a great salad addition. Besides edamame, roasted cauliflower, kale, and roasted carrots, this salad sports wheat berries as well as pistachios for a nutty flavor. This is all topped with mint and a citrusy-tahini dressing. So good that I want to make it again!
Roasted cauliflower and kale salad with blueberries
- 4 c chopped carrots, roasted*
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped and roasted*
- 1 c edamame
- 1 c blueberries
- 3 c kale
- 3 T pistachios
- 1/2 c uncooked wheat berries
- 3 T grapeseed oil
- 2 T honey
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 T orange juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 T tahini
- Fresh mint, garnish
- Prepare dressing by mixing all ingredients together and whisking well.
- Cook wheat berries according to package directions and assemble salad by dividing each salad item into thirds and sectioning it in a shallow bowl.
- Top with a fresh mint leaf and serve with tahini dressing.
*Carrots and cauliflower can be roasted in separate pans with 1-2 T olive oil at 425F for 42-45 minutes.