Italian Style Cheesecake w. Blueberries & Mint
Good morning Wednesday! I’ve got an Italian style cheesecake for you today inspired by my latest escapades all across Italy. My dad does not normally like cheesecake but he keeps requesting this every time I see him. It’s light and fluffy, perfect for those who aren’t fans of the typical dense, creamy and slightly heavy cheesecakes that permeate shops and restaurants. Note: I don’t discriminate when it comes to cheesecakes – I’ll eat them any way I can get them but I do have to admit, this one was perfect. Be sure to buy your mascarpone cheese from Trader Joes if you have one close to you – it’s a few dollars cheaper than other grocery store chains! Annnnddd….I’m going to sound like a total walking billboard for Trader Joes BUT you should also get their ricotta cheese. Best flavor ever!
Italian Style Cheesecake with Blueberries & Mint
Italian style cheesecake with blueberries and mint
- 2 packs of graham crackers (~20 crackers)
- 2 T milk
- 2 T honey
- 4 T butter
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3/4 c sugar
- 2 8oz mascarpone packages
- 1 c ricotta cheese
- 2 T flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 c sour cream
- Mix graham crackers, milk, honey and butter together.
- Spread on bottom and partially up the sides of a cheesecake pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350F. Remove from oven.
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar until pale yellow.
- Add mascarpone and ricotta and flour. Mix until well combined.
- Add in vanilla.
- Fold in egg whites lightly.
- Pour cheesecake batter into crust.
- Bake for 50 minutes, covered.
- Uncover and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool (cheesecake will still be slightly soft - it will settle during cooling).
- Combine sugar and sour cream in a small bowl and spread over cheesecake.
- Place in refrigerator overnight and serve the next day.
Oh my god yes! Also these photos are absolutely STUNNING and you should be so proud of them!
The Adored Life
Oh yummy! This looks so ridiculously good. Cheesecake is one of my weaknesses and I’m lactose intolerant. But it taste so darn good.
Comments are closed.