If you’ve delved into fall and you need some cupcakes to help you celebrate, you need to try this caramel apple cupcakes recipe (the second installment in the cupcake series that I created with my college friend). It is perfect for caramel, coffee and apple lovers alike. I’m a coffee and caramel lover but the apples added such a great crunch! I’m excited for this weekend – we’re finally going to the winery we keep talking about (last weekend’s plans fell through because of the weather) and then we’re going out to dinner with friends we haven’t seen in a while. It’s going to be a rocking weekend. Happy Friday y’all!
Fall caramel apple cupcakes
- 6 T cold butter
- 2/3 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c flour
- Caramel latte cupcakes recipe
- Cinnamon to taste
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 recipe for caramel
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese
- 1 lb or more powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix together butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Microwave apples for 2 min until soft. Cool to room temperature.
- Add in apples to mixture once cooled. Set aside.
- Make caramel latte cupcakes recipe but omit coffee and instead add apple mixture.
- Just barely stir mixture through the batter (you want to see chunks and swirls).
- Bake at 350 F for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix the caramel with the cream cheese. If the caramel is a little hard, microwave it for just a few seconds until warm (not hot).
- Beat in approximately one pound of powdered sugar till the desired consistency is reached.
- Add in vanilla extract and mix well.
- Cool and top with caramel frosting.
*Extra frosting can be frozen.