Sometimes you want breakfast for dessert. But most times you want these double chocolate waffles with a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate for dessert. I find myself craving waffles pretty often and I’m always tempted to order them at restaurants – the fat, the carbs, the whole shebang. But unfortunately, good sense always kicks in and I opt for the healthier option (though I did order them once at our local Belgian cafe and they were amazing). Basically, these chocolate Belgian waffles are a chocolate lover’s heaven. Cocoa-fused waffles, white chocolate chips, melted semi sweet chocolate, melted white chocolate all contribute to the double chocolate chocolatey-ness of the waffle. It’s a fantastic mesh of flavors and if you make them, you’ll find yourself unabashedly dipping the whisk into each chocolate just so you can lick it clean.
Chocolate waffles filled with white chocolate chips and drizzled with semi-sweet and white chocolate
- 1 3/4 c flour
- 5 T unsweetened high quality cocoa powder
- 1 T sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 c white chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 c milk
- 4 T unsalted butter, melted
- 1 T vanilla extract
- Melted white chocolate
- Melted semi-sweet chocolate
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder and chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, butter and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Use waffle iron to cook waffles until crispy on the outside.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with melted chocolates.
- Add a few sliced strawberries for a pretty garnish.