I’m hungry now. I haven’t had breakfast yet and my own photos are making me hungry. This little concoction is our favorite all-time gluten free pancakes recipe. I’ve made it over and over and we never seem to tire of it. Both A and I are pancake lovers and would eat them every day if we were motivated enough to make them. It’s a good thing we’re not. These round flats of deliciousness are loaded with oats and coconut and rice flours. We top ours off with shredded coconut and maple syrup and sometimes a dab of butter.
Coconut oatmeal gluten free pancakes
- 1/4 c rice flour
- 1/3 c brown rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 T brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 c + 2T milk
- 2 T ground flaxseed soaked in 1/4 c water
- 2 c old-fashioned [gluten-free] oats
- 3 T shredded coconut
- Mix flours, baking powder and sugar together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs and milk.
- Add in flaxseed mixture. Stir.
- Add egg mixture to flour. Stir well and add in oats and coconut. Mix. Let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 T of butter on medium-low heat.
- Scoop out 1/4 c of batter per pancake and cook for approximately 1-2 minutes per side depending on stove (electric vs gas stove). Check for doneness (middle of pancakes should be cooked and not doughy). Make sure to keep skillet well-buttered.
- Serve pancakes with maple syrup and a dash of coconut.