Kind of funny but I’m liking tuna salads more and more every time I make them. When I was younger, I didn’t really care for them – fish wasn’t my favorite and canned fish sounded gross to me. But now I eat tuna for all the health benefits and because it makes a light and healthy dinner. It’s also an easy dish to prepare. Today’s cilantro lime tuna salad is inspired by my favorite chunky fresh veggie salsa – it uses one of my favorite summer combinations: lime and cilantro. Last Saturday I planted my herb garden for the season and I couldn’t believe how quickly it sprang up. My basil and cilantro are wild with growth and if you’re following along on snapchat, you probably saw the gigantic basil leaves I just picked. UN-real.
As you may have heard by now, I’m on my way to Italy for a family trip. We are so excited to see another amazing part of the world and to spend some quality time with loved ones. We are headed to Florence first so be sure to check in on my snaps and IG photos for some updates (fashionedible on both). Happy Monday!
Cilantro lime tuna salad
- 3 cans Albacore tuna (chunk), preserved in a little salt and water
- 1/2 c uncooked bulgur
- 4 T olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/2 c chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash pepper
- Drain tuna and place in large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, cook bulgur according to package directions. Add to tuna.
- Add in mayonnaise, cilantro, juice from limes, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve with crackers or on bread for a light dinner.